La Duquesa Castle or Sabinillas Fort
It was built on a place that the aforementioned Roman villa must have occupied. The position commands a broad view of the coast, which is why it was built on this site in 1767 to defend the area from the continual pirate incursions. A resident of Seville, Francisco Paulino, financed the construction and the King compensated him by placing him in command of a cavalry company. The engineer Miguel del Castillo was in charge of the design and execution of the project.
- Located in an urban area
- Coastal area