Málaga Holy Week 2017: Palm Sunday
9 April is Palm Sunday, the day commemorating the entry of Jesus of Nazareth into Jerusalem in the middle of a crowd which acclaims Him as the Son of God. There are nine cofradías (brotherhoods) that parade during this day:
- Pollinica: leaves at 9:40am from San Agustín Church (Centre).
- Lágrimas y Favores: leaves at 10:45am from the Parish Church of San Juan Bautista (Centro).
- Humildad y Paciencia: leaves at 1:15pm from the Parish Church of San Vicente de Paul (Neighbourhood of Cruz de Humilladero - La Unión).
- Ecce Homo: leaves at 2:15pm from the Basilica and Royal Sanctuary of Santa María de la Victoria (Neighbourhood of la Victoria). ? Huerto: leaves at 4:30pm from the Parish Church of Los Santos Mártires Ciriaco y Paula (Centre).
- Dulce Nombre: leaves at 3pm from the Parish Church of La Divina Pastora (Neighbourhood of Capuchins).
- Salutación: leaves at 4:05pm from the Parish Church of San Felipe (Neighbourhood of Capuchinos - Molinillo).
- Salud: leaves at 5:30pm from the Parish Church of San Pablo (Neighbourhood of Trinidad).
- Prendimiento: leaves at 4:45pm from the Parish Church of La Divina Pastora (Neighbourhood of Capuchins).
- Out of doors
- Located in an urban area