The Bullring in Antequera opened on 20 August 1848. It was developed quickly, using wood for upper sections. However, it was in good condition until 1980, when it was acquired by the city of Antequera. Three years later, it was fully renovated.
Façade work began in 1984. It included a new main gate in the shade area in the style of the late-eighteenth-century architects from Antequera. The rest of the façade combined brickwork and whitewashed sections.
Then the interior was taken care of: reconstructed rows, reduced ring and replaced decks with galleries, Tuscan limestone columns and round arches. Covering the galleries and the façade, a saddle roof made with traditional Arab tiles.
After all this work, the bullring looked quite different from the earlier 1848 version. In fact, it is one of the most beautiful bullrings in Spain.
- Located in an urban area
- Inland area
Note: Prices are a guide only and may change on a daily basis.