Church of Nuestra Señora de los Remedios
In the upper part of the village, next to the medieval fortress, stands the Nuestra Señora de los Remedios church, the most important religious monument in the village. Its original masonry structure dates from the fifteenth century, but in 1720 the church was virtually rebuilt due to its deplorable state of preservation. Some features of the earlier building were preserved, however, such as the rib-worked coffered ceiling. Its interior is divided into three naves separated by thick columns, and the exterior is remarkable for its beautiful baroque façade that is attributed to the architect Diego Antonio Díaz, and for a square-based tower crowned by a spire of vivid glazed porcelain.
- Located in an urban area
- Inland area