This is a church with a nave and two aisles, separated by cross-shaped columns and round arches. The Mudéjar-style wooden ceiling has been fully renovated. The nave features struts and lean-to-roof structures. The crossing has a square framework and the apses are divided into three sections. The main chapel has a half-barrel vault and the side chapels have oval vaults. The belfry tower is a rectangular prism in three sections, crowned by a pyramid capital.
The parish church was built in 1505 after a commission from the Archbishop of Seville, Diego Deza, ratified in 1510 by bishop Villaescusa de Haro. The original church must have been quite simple: a single nave with brick walls and a wooden roof. In 1630, it was renovated with a design by Pedro Díaz Palacios, author of the renovation at the Church of San Juan in Málaga as well.
Studies show that the church had a nave and two aisles, separated by six columns and four half-columns at the feet and in the arch of the main chapel. It also had an elevated choir at the feet and a vestry. The old building was used for the nave, and the two aisles were added to it. The aisles had lean-to-roof structures and the nave, an interlacing wood ceiling. The exterior is made with masonry and brickwork with plaster finish showing ashlars and bricks laid in the Flemish bond. The side portal has round arches with voissoirs framed by an alfiz and crowned by a slim pediment. The corbels and the pilasters reveal that the portal dates back to the late seventeenth century or the early eighteenth century. The gable end was designed in an earlier period. It has a round arch in the alfiz. The square shaped three-storey brick bell tower stands at the end of the nave and the left aisle. The lower storeys are solid and feature holes only in the centre. The upper level opens with round arches connecting pilasters that support a projected cornice crowned by a hipped roof and corner pinnacles.
- Located in an urban area