At the beginning of the 16th century, the Catholic Monarchs reconquered the Axarquía territory, and in Macharaviaya they built a church dedicated to San Jacinto. The structure was rebuilt in the 18th century, whose works concluded in 1785, to be consecrated two years later on June 16. History tells that the initial construction of the Church was of inferior quality. In 1784, the secretary of the Indies sent a letter to the incumbents of the church where he ordered them to collaborate with some 6,000 reales (the currency of the time) a month to rebuild the church. Upon completing the renovation, a placard telling the story was on the right side of the central nave. The Church has a beautiful neoclassical façade, adorned with the Carlos II shield. The plan is in the shape of a Latin cross, with a single nave and nine crossings on both sides that form the private sides.
- Located in an urban area
- Inland area