La Malagueta Bullring
La Malagueta bullring was built by Joaquín Rucoba in 1874, in the Neomudejar style. On the 100th anniversary of its opening, in 1976, it was designated as a Historical-Artistic Site. Five years later, it appeared on the list of Cultural Assets. The bullring now belongs to the Provincial Government of Málaga and is run by a licensee chosen by public tender.
La Malagueta is a world-class bullring, seating as many as 9,032 spectators and holding the most important events of the bullfighting season, like the Easter bullfights, the Picassian Gala, the August Fair or the bullfight dedicated to Málaga"s Patroness.
Located in La Malagueta district, in the heart of Málaga City, somewhere between the beach, the port and the centre of town, it is also home to the Antonio Ordóñez Bullfighting Museum, paying tribute to the legendary matador. The museum displays an interesting sample of bullfighting gear and memorabilia: bullfighter"s costumes, photos and posters, and other items.
In addition, La Malagueta often plays host to events beyond bullfighting: concerts, food fairs, cultural and sporting activities, and all kinds of shows. This makes it part and parcel of Málaga"s cultural life.
Parking and transport
- Can be reached by public transport
- Member of Costa del Sol Tourist Board
- Located in an urban area